Thread: Semachrysa jade - new species of lacewing

Semachrysa jade - new species of lacewing

Semachrysa jade - a new species of lacewing I found in Selangor, Malaysia.

I first saw and photographed this species in the wild in its natural habitat on May 10, 2011. A few lacewing experts came across images of this lacewing I posted in forums and Flickr and informed me that this could be a new species. Luckily, I came across this beautiful species again on Jan 27, 2012. Specimen was captured and sent to Mr. Winterton for description with the help from Mr. Brooks.

Also, if you google "Semachrysa jade", you will get pages after pages of hits!

New species. Semachrysa jade, Winterton, Guek & Brooks, 2012.

Semachrysa jade new lacewing species . - IMG_0155 merged copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Semachrysa jade new lacewing species IMG_1663 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Semachrysa jade new lacewing species IMG_1624 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

More images of this beautiful lacewing: http://orionmystery.blogspot.com/201...g-species.html
    --
    Macro Photography Blog: http://orionmystery.blogspot.com

2. The Following User Like This Post:

Re: Semachrysa jade - new species of lacewing

superb & amazing detail .. as usual

nice catch
    artist always say "great images" , " great colour", "perfect timing"..but gearhead always says "what camera did you use" . what lens did you use?", " can we see the EXIF data for the picture"..wakakakakka

owsem...aku suka!